Doing our part to fight COVID-19
From helping scientists with computational research to offering our technology to the EU to being early adopters of the “social-distancing” measures to limit the spread of COVID-19, Kanteron has tried to take a proactive, constructive and collaborative stance to contribute to the fight for health.
From the onset of the COVID-19 disease Kanteron’s leadership have been keeping an eye on developments, and taken a list of measures to try to ensure everyone’s safety while contributing to our social responsibility and maintaining our levels of customer service as high as possible.
Here’s a list of measures:
- March 3: Kanteron’s CEO cancels participation at HIMSS (5 days before HIMSS was canceled) and advises the Kanteron team to minimize travel and events
- March 5: Kanteron’s CEO cancels 7 trips (including attendance to Japan MedTech event) to USA, France, Japan, Paris, Chile, and Tahiti
- March 11: To limit the spread of #COVID19, particularly to the most vulnerable population, @kanteron (in all its offices, and the 5 countries where we have team members) goes from remote-encouraged to remote-required, restricting travel, visitors, and events to the minimum necessary
- March 13: Kanteron offers the European Union “Data Integration and processing of Infectious Disease events” a novel way to use healthcare data integration to fight infectious diseases introduced by Jorge Cortell last September 25, 2019 at the BioInvestment Asia forum, for Dengue) that can be used to fight viruses with a positive-sense single-stranded RNA genome and a nucleocapsid of helical symmetry such as SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19
- March 14: Kanteron invites its team to participate in and donate computing power to the fold.it Coronavirus Protein Folding Binder Design challenge
We will continue monitoring the situation and doing all we can to protect the health and safety of our team members, and to contribute to health worldwide.