We have a new blog (blog.kanteron.com) which used to be our main URL. Now our website is www.kanteron.com

We have decided to change our blog and wesite for two main reasons:

  1. The previous blog (which served as website) was based on WordPress, a CMS (Content Management System) that generated the blog from a database. That made the management of the data much more cumbersome and non-transparent than it should be
  2. The performance and security of a blog based on database is VERY inferior compared to one like the one that we have set up here, based on a “Static Generator”

For example, the previous blog received a 38/100 in performance tests, and this one gets a 99/100:

  • Start time goes from 428ms to 21ms
  • Loading time goes from 741ms to 21ms
  • Now it has HTTPS, HTTP2 and a SSL certificate

In addition, it is now hosted on a Content Delivery Network (CDN) and loads faster worldwide.

Details: after testing with Jekyll, GitHub pages, Nikola, Octopress, and several other alternatives, we have chosen Hugo with Gulp, Webpack, and Netlify, keeping the contents in text format (markdown) files under the GitHub versioning system.

All posts from the previous blog have also been migrated.